Service for all Brands of Plate Heat Exchangers
Varalka is dedicated to keeping your plate heat exchangers in good condition to deliver specified heat transfer for its lifetime.
We undertake re-gasketing, plate cleaning, and PHE refurbishment. We also undertake Annual Maintenance Contracts. All these services are available for Varalka PHEs as well as other reputed brands like Alfa Laval, Tranter, GEA Ecoflex / Kelvion and Sondex.
VARALKA is your single resource for:
- Spare PHE plates or gaskets of Varalka and other brands like Alfa Laval, Tranter, GEA Ecoflex / Kelvion and Sondex.
- On-site service – troubleshooting, physical cleaning, leak detection, assembly and hydrotest.
- Off-site service – Complete refurbishment of the PHE including Re-rating, chemical cleaning, dye penetrant test
Plate Pack Swap
In cases where it is critical to reducing downtime, we can change the whole set of plates with a new plate pack. After getting this done, the downtime will be limited to just a few hours.
Ready to get your plate pack swapped? Write to us now!
Heat Exchanger Modification
The following services are offered under this category:
- Changing the type of plates to suit a new duty
- Conversion from a single pass to multi-pass
- Relocating the heat exchanger
We follow a rigorous process before and after the gasket is applied to the plate to assure proper adhesion, alignment, and function.
Each plate is thoroughly and carefully inspected before re-gasketing. Thereafter plates ae cleaned to remove scale, debris and gasket adhesive is removed using a pressure wash, manual cleaning and if necessary compatible chemicals.
If requited and mandated, dye-penetrant test is carried out to locate cracks and pinholes. Early discovery of plate defects eliminates mixing of different media, thereby saving costly down time in the future.
Gasket grooves are prepared before applying new gaskets. Left-over glue residue is removed and gaskets grooves are repaired if feasible.
Each gasket is inspected and cleaned before installation. The gasket is then glued or fixed mechanically, as applicable.
Heat curing can be done, depending on the application and recommendation of the adhesive manufacturer.